Saturday, January 16, 2010

Strategic Prayer


As most of you know, Regan was airlifted back to Kaiser LA on Tuesday morning. He had developed an upper respiratory infection which was causing him to cough repeatedly. Due to the severity of the cough, he caused some perforation in his lungs so they needed him to be in the ICU and be prepped for surgery.
We sent out a prayer alert and by the time we got to LA the perforation in his lungs had healed enough so that no surgery was needed, praise the Lord. He had a CAT scan on his lungs and they have found some spots, so they will be doing a procedure in the late morning (Sunday, the 17th). They will be inserting some saline into his lungs, withdrawing it, then running tests on the fluid to see what kind of infection is causing the spots to show up, either a fungus or bacteria. We are praying that nothing is found and the spots are gone in Jesus name!
Now that we are in LA we have meet with the Oncologists everyday. They say we will be there for 4 to 6 weeks, we say no to that!
They say his blood count will not start to go up anytime soon, we say his blood is healed in the name of Jesus.
They say his infection will not go away until his white blood cells start to come up in 4 weeks, we say this infection has to bow to the name of Jesus.
We are confident of the complete healing in Regan's body. That the leukemia will be eradicated from his body and that ALL glory will go to the Lord Jesus.

Every time the doctors give us a report we use that as a target in prayer. We stand on the word which says, "Indeed! Let God be true and every man a liar."

The Lord has directed us to pray Psalm 63 and 91 over Regan continually, as well as speaking his prophetic destiny over him, which is; Regan will go to the nations and preach the gospel with a healing anointing, he will be strategically used to save his generation. We continue to come before the Lord with praise and thanksgiving, knowing we serve a faithful God. Please join us as we go after these specific targets.

I wanted to share this picture of Regan, he is sleeping, but his hand is on his bible.
He is going through his bible and highlighting all the healing scriptures and underlining the word ALL. He is discovering for himself that the word says, He heals ALL our diseases and forgives ALL our iniquities. He is speaking the word over his body and thanking Him for his healing. It is so precious to see his faith growing and how he is having revelation of who God is. His faith inspires me, his strength keeps me strong, and his joy is contagious. What a mighty man of valor he is, I can see how the Lord is going to use him for great and mighty things!

11 comments:

  1. Erin,
    We heard the news yesterday for the first time ...We are standing and believing with you! We know what you are trusting God to do, Nothing is impossible with God!!!
    We are here for you!!
    xo
    The Hichman Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin,
    Thanks to Tami Hichman, I got to see your blog. I am also standing with you in prayer. Your son is truly valiant!! I'm so thankful for your complete reliance upon Jesus...He is our Doctor, our Healor, our Savior. Love and prayers to you and your family, Erin.

    Wendy Greenberg Matullo

    ReplyDelete
  3. tami told me. xoxo schweets & andy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin,
    I hope you don't mind, but I've shared this with Doug Sipple--an INCREDIBLE man of God--and he and his family have added you to their prayer list. He lives in Texas now and is 100% sold out to Jesus Christ. I felt led to share with him and Mindy Marshall Smith, who cried and is also adding you to her prayer chain. She's on a fast right now and feels like the Lord called me to send this to her. God is moving, in random, obscure places, but prayer is blanketing your family! We love you...

    Wendy Greenberg Matullo

    ReplyDelete
  5. FYI--I am on facebook, wendy matullo, and my email is ma2low@msn.com. People (including myself) would love to hook up with you and walk with you in your adventure, as you say...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin & Todd I am sending you a Jewish prayer that says "Blessed art thou O Lord God, King of the universe, who gives strength to the weary" I know your faith and I also know that,what He promised He will do!
    Lifting all of you up to the throne room and sending you the Shalom of Yeshua!

    John, Toni, Austin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Todd and Erin,
    Bruce and I are praying for God's peace and comfort for you and the boys!!
    xo
    Bruce and Tami

    ReplyDelete
  8. Todd & Erin:

    Just heard about your precious Regan last night. I am lifting you and the boys up in my prayers. I love you guys.

    Gina Van Es

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are in my prayers all day long!!
    xo
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  10. Erin-

    We met years ago at Tami's tea house, then I was at your home some years back with Andrea. I found your blog through Tami and my heart goes out to you and your family. You are such an incredibly strong woman and mother! You are an inspiration to us all- especially to mothers! My prayers are for you and Regan every day. May god bring blessings and healing to Regan and all of you.

    Love,

    Michelle Zuniga

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, tears in my eyes. Isn't it amazing the people who are able to inspire us with their faith, he is an inspiration to all. Sending prayers your way.

    Xx,

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete